Are you able to access the top and bottom of the bolts that hold the seat to the toilet fixture?
We have 2 installation options if your fixture only has top-side access to the mounting bolts that hold the seat to the toilet. You can either slightly modify your existing bolts to fit the mounting plate, or use our Top Mount Hardware (please contact us and we will send one to you, free of charge). read more
Can you access the fill valve under the toilet tank?
Some modern toilets have sleek designs intended to cover and camouflage plumbing connections, which makes a standard Omigo installation difficult. For this, we recommend using our Omigo Alternate T-valve (please contact us and we will send one to you, free of charge). read more.
** Make sure you can at least access the water supply valve. The Alternate T-valve connects to the water supply valve at the wall, instead of the fill valve under the toilet tank. **
Do you have a flexible water supply hose?
Check the line that connects the toilet tank to the water shut off valve at the wall. If it is a rigid pipe, you may need to purchase a flexible hose to replace it before installing your Omigo. Flexible hoses can be found online or at your local hardware store.
To ensure a correct hose sizing, measure from the water supply valve at the wall to the fill valve under the toilet tank, then add 4” to make sure it’s long enough. read more.
A Phillips head or standard screwdriver may be needed to remove the existing toilet seat and a standard wrench may be needed for tight water supply connections.
TipTeflon tape can be helpful in creating a watertight seal between plumbing connections. Teflon tape can be found online or at your local hardware store.
Make sure to only plug your Omigo into a grounded GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) electrical outlet. GFCI adapters can be found online or at your local hardware store.
If it is necessary to use an extension cord, only use those rated for a minimum of 15 amps with a 3-wire extension cord with a 3-blade grounding plug. read more
- A. Mounting Bolt (2)
- B. Rubber Cone Washer (2) i
- C. Flat Washer (2) i
- D. Barrel Nut (2) i
- E. Adjustable Bracket (2) i
- F. Mounting Plate i
- G. T-Valve Connector with Rubber Washer i
- H. Bidet Hose i
- I. Cable Clips (2) i
- J. Remote Control Wall Mount i
- K. Remote Screw (2) i
- L. Remote Anchor (2) i
- M. CR2032 Batteries (4) i
Step by Step
1. Remove your existing toilet seat
- Lift hinge covers and use a screwdriver to remove the mounting bolts.
- If your fixture only has top-side access to the mounting bolts that hold the seat to the toilet, you will likely need an Omigo Top Mount Hardware Kit.
- There are such a wide variety of toilet setups out there - contact us if you are unsure how to remove your toilet seat!
Tip Store your old seat in your Omigo bag!
2. Turn off water supply valve and flush the toilet
- Turn water valve off at the wall to stop the flow of water.
- Flush toilet and hold down handle to completely empty the tank.
- Disconnect water supply hose from toilet tank. Do not disconnect from the shut off valve at the wall!
Tip You may need to use a wrench to disconnect the water supply hose from the toilet tank. Place a container or towel under the tank to catch any excess water.
3. Connect T-valve to the toilet tank fill valve
- Place the flat edge of the rubber washer into the T-valve with the raised lip facing up.
- Install the T-valve with the rubber washer to the bottom of your toilet tank. The T-valve connects to the fill valve directly under your toilet tank, not at the wall.
- If your water supply line is rigid, you may need a flexible hose replacement. Measure from the water supply valve at the wall to the fill valve at the bottom of your toilet tank, then add 4” to make sure it’s long enough.
Tip Use a bit of Teflon tape to help create a watertight seal.
4. Connect the water supply line coming from the wall to the bottom of the T-valve.
Tip Use a bit of Teflon tape to help create a watertight seal.
5. Connect the straight end (opposite of the 90 degree elbow) of the bidet hose to the T-valve.
- Hand-tighten to secure, taking care not to strip the threads by over-tightening.
6. Install the mounting plate
- Place the adjustable mounting plate over mounting holes on the toilet; the rubber side faces down, curved edge faces toward the toilet tank.
- Place adjustable brackets flat side down in the center of the square opening in the mounting plate and insert mounting bolts through adjustable brackets and mounting holes.
- Slide rubber cone washer , flat washer , and then barrel nut onto mounting bolts under the toilet bowl and tighten to keep mounting plate in place.
7. Attach your Omigo to the mounting plate
- Set your Omigo flat on the toilet bowl in front of the mounting plate, and slide onto plate until it “clicks” into place.
- Once the seat is lined up properly, tighten barrel nuts to hold in place. Hand-tighten to secure, taking care not to strip the plastic screw threads.
Tip If the seat appears too short or too long for the toilet, adjust the mounting plate accordingly. To adjust the mounting plate, loosen barrel nuts underneath the toilet and slide seat forward or backwards as needed.
8. Connect the bidet hose to your Omigo
- Connect the bidet hose to the water inlet on your Omigo.
Tip If you are having difficulty connecting the bidet hose to your Omigo, attach it before sliding onto the mounting plate and connecting to T-valve.
9. Turn on the water supply
- Open the main water supply slowly and check for leaks.
10. Connect to power
- Plug the power cord into the electrical outlet. Make sure your outlet is GFCI. You can purchase a GFCI adapter at your local hardware store or online.
- Use the cable clips to connect the power cord and bidet hose side-by-side for a tidier appearance.
11. Remote Control Battery installation
- Open the child-proof battery compartment by popping off the battery cover with a flat head screwdriver or small coin. Insert the four CR2032 batteries “+” side up and replace the cover.
- To confirm the batteries are installed correctly, press the Stop button and you should see LED lights turn on for a few seconds.
12. Mount the remote to the wall (optional)
- You can install using the supplied screws and anchor mounts , or use the double stick tape on the back of the remote wall mount .
- Place the remote into the mount.
For detailed FAQs and troubleshooting, visit our Help Center.Help Center